message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Art + Interiors: Life in Technicolor [Paul Jenkins]

I've made it no secret here that I am a huge fan of Abstract Expressionism and Paul Jenkins' work represents the bold, gestural, emotion-driven qualities of the movement perfectly. His body of work is so vast I had a hard time narrowing it down to some of my favorites. The saturated, translucent washes of paint layering in and out with little boundary or control give the pieces a vibrant energy that provide a little jolt to the senses of the viewer. Depicting light and inner reflection, Jenkins works are simply breathtaking.

And if you're lucky enough to be in the bay area, make sure you head over to Sacramento's Crocker Art Museum this month for the Paul Jenkins exhibit. This pieces are even more stunning in person.

Splatter Chair via urban outfitters, Pillows via Madeline Weinrib, rug via abchome, lucite table via chiasso.com, clutch via Meganadamsdesigns.com. chairs via kartell 

I love the bold, saturated hues in Jenkins work splashed against stark white backgrounds. So here are a few pieces that would bring that same energy to a space. I'm absolutely drooling over Abc Carpet's new line of over-dyed rugs, the colors are unbelievable. If I had the money to spend on only one thing it would be a statement rug like this one; the rest of the pieces could be nuetral and subtle and the room would still sing brilliantly. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That rug seriously is incredible...wonder how easy you could DIY that with an old rug + purple dye? Hmmm... Beautiful round-up as always! :o)

    ReplyDelete