Thursday, June 30, 2011

Love it / Live it: The Art of Simplicity [Kenneth Noland]

Lately I've been going back and forth between a love for clean and simple, and my love for layered and complex patterning. In both my painting and building my new website, I'm constantly striving for just the right balance, but I definitely admire artists and designers that have the ability to hold back in their work and keep things minimal while still intriguing...


Artist Kenneth Noland does just that. Light and airy palettes and sharp horizontal lines make for an incredibly calming and stable effect. Which do you prefer? When branding yourself do you feel like less is more or is it better to put it all out there and let your personality shine through?

2 comments:

  1. Is it an option to love them both? It's just hard to fit both into the same room!

    xo Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I feel ya sister! I think a good balance of both is definitely the way to go :)

    ReplyDelete