message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Monday, February 27, 2012

Colored Daylight // Gold + Grey + White

You all know how much I love color, but lately some of my favorite personal paintings have been the ones where I use almost no color at all. The metallic gold finish on a crisp white background with just a hint of tonal light throughout feels bright, cool and modern and seems to fit easily into any space at all...

painting by me / glitter guide / oraclefox / vivre

I also believe this to be the perfect wardrobe choice for getting that sexy glow, even in the dead of winter. Or maybe I'm just trying to find a way to make the Seattle grey just a little warmer. Whatever it is, I can't get enough of this simple palette right now in my closet, on my walls and in my home...Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Love your work! i'm a sucker for gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your painting! Check out what this girl did with gold paint, I think I might need to do this...

    http://angelbabiespaintandcookies.blogspot.com/2011/05/ink-blot-commision.html

    Enjoy!

    Nicole :)

    ReplyDelete