message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Dream big

"Dream" by D. Lane Taylor

I happen to be a twenty something girl trying to follow my dreams, and I have to be honest, it can be discouraging at times. In this day and age we're raised to dream big, to think we can be anything we want to be, to pursue the world. But I've found that often society puts an expiration date on that school of thought. It becomes less about fulfilling your dreams and more about receiving a paycheck, hopefully with benefits and total "security". Getting a job is more important than doing something you love. Dreaming isn't really practical once you hit a certain age and before we've even began our career we're supposed to start thinking about retirement. But I believe there is success in taking a little extra time to figure out what will make you happy on a daily basis so that they goal is not an early retirement. So here's to dreaming big and never giving up on what you most want to be when you grow up.

2 comments: