Sunday, January 30, 2011

Art + Interiors: Geometric Abstraction [Sarah Morris]

 I hope you all had a relaxing and rejuvenating weekend. I myself spent the weekend completely unplugged moving into my brand new place! I am so excited to share with you all the projects we're working on very soon (you know, in all that spare time I have). In the mean time I'm feeling inspired by these bold geometric paintings by Sarah Morris.
There is something about the graphic intensity of these particular works mixed with their toned down palettes that gives them a uniqueness that only Sarah Morris can accomplish. The crossing lines play with space beautifully and I'm thinking about a space that does the same thing... 

end table west elm, chair chiasso, screen abc home, pillow etsy ship ginette1223, coffee table wisteria, wallpaper flavor league

A different kind of geometry in each piece keeps the overall effect from feeling stale while a few black and silver pieces really help to anchor the space. Imagine this wallpaper on a far accent wall, the room would open up before your eyes in every direction...Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment