message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Working girl...3.3.11


One of the many perks of working for Kelley Moore is getting to attend industry events such as the Hermes Festival des Metiers i.e. A Rendezvous with Hermes Craftsmen. Now I have to admit I am not a luxury brand sort of girl but after seeing the amount of hand work and quality ethics that goes into each product left me a bit in awe...

Being a former Print Making Major I could not look away from the artisan silk-screening scarves. A scarf like this has ten plus printed layers. They begin with the intricate outline first then have to print each and every color individually alligned perfectly to the last to build up the design.

I love the range of prints and saturated hues from one end of the spectrum to the other...
Hope you enjoyed this little peak of our time with Hermes, head on over to Kelley's blog for the rest...Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Ahh...I'm soooo jealous of you right now! I would looove to attend an Hermes event; the scarves are so magical. It looks like heaven! Does Kelley need a graphic designer around? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...these scarves are beautiful. Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete