message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Monday, July 25, 2011

I want to live in Liza Bruce's Moroccan home...

Today I'm inspired by the layered spaces of fashion designer Liza Bruce's Moroccan home. Every room is saturated with color and overflowing with pattern. Bruce's eye for interiors is just as bold and unapologetic as her fashion sense...

Each space seems to be filled to the brim with stories as tokens of the couple's life and travels create their own little vignettes around every corner... 

I love the way so many bold colors are thrown together throughout the home while a fuchsia thread ties each space together. And where they lay their heads to rest, the palette is restrained to a white surfaced room, creating a strong sense of serenity and peacefulness among the beautiful chaos...

Though the color pink has never been my cup of tea, I have to say it is really starting to grow on me, especially when set among such rich hues and textures and given an organic edge.

images via Elle Decor, rug  1st Dibs, pendant Wunderley, end table  vivre, tray wisteria, coffee table four hands

I love the way Liza Bruce simply takes no prisoners when it comes to color and isn't afraid to mix in an eclectic array of patterns. While most pieces fit their Moroccan setting, motifs from Southeast Asia to Turkey make their appearances as well, giving the overall space a sophisticated and worldly feel. And I certainly wouldn't mind lounging beneath lush green trees on that deep turquoise pool just about any time of day...Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally on board with this look! As much as I love clean/white spaces, I have to have some global patterns warming it up. And I've always wanted to paint a wall fuchsia! Such a gorgeous home - thanks for sharing! Oh, also I totally forgot to tell you how impressed I was with the interiors section on your new site! You are sooo talented, Laura! It looks fantastic! :-)

    ReplyDelete