message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Friday, January 6, 2012

Love it / Live it: Pattern Play

Happy Friday everyone! I'm a huge fan of color, and until recently I had very little if any black in my wardrobe or home, but lately I've been loving black and white textures and patterns. Keeping the palette minimal allows for mixing and layering of a variety of influences without feeling too busy. I love the way this editorial from Russian Vogue was styled and the way it feels like it could fit seamlessly into any culture or time period...


This new ottoman from West Elm would go so perfectly in my home I'm tempted to actually get rid of a piece of furniture to make space for it. I'd love to use it in lieu of an end table so it could double as extra seating when guests come over. All it needs is a gold tray on top and it would be a match made in heaven. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend full of inspiration and adventure...Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love color, but I'm such a neutral kind of gal when it comes to clothes and home decor...with some pops of color, of course. That ottoman is amazing, and I can totally see it in your house!

    ReplyDelete