message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Love it / Live it: Feeling (Happily) Blue [Mark Rothko]

I just picked up the most recent issue of House Beautiful and though it happens to be their pink issue, I was most taken by these stunningly unique Rock Finials by Hillary Thomas Designs. They give a burst of texture and color that is reminiscent of one of my favorite Mark Rothko paintings.
The allover saturation of aqua blue gives me a lift every time. Whether a huge print on your wall or a little topping on an otherwise neutral lamp, a daily dose of blue skies is a sure fire mood enhancer..Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Just read through that issue! I love all the pink, but not sure I want a pink wall yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this painting and would love to have that huge pop of color on my wall. I really wish I could buy all this art you post on here.

    ReplyDelete