message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Friday, April 8, 2011

I want to live in...A Molly Luetkemeyer project

Happy Friday!! Today I'm inspired by Interior Designer Molly Luetkemeyer. I love a woman who doesn't shy away from bold color or pattern and knows how to compose a room like a perfectly executed canvas. I love how she effortlessly combines unexpected palettes and graphic textures while still somehow maintaining a level of simplicity.
Having worked under the phenomenally talented Kelly Wearstler, you can tell she loves to add an element of the unexpected, but she brings her own sophisticated style by holding back from mixing a lot of patterns to really let the individual pieces sing.
I'm usually not one to love a pink room but the vintage rugs and weathered stools create a rustic and well traveled space that feels lusciously feminine at the same time. I hope you all have a beautiful Friday and a weekend packed with inspiration and good company...Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. A lot of designers love color and pattern, but there is something very unique about these rooms. I wish I could put my finger on it.

    ReplyDelete