message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Friday, August 26, 2011

Musical Inspiration: Bon Iver

Happy Friday readers! As you may have noticed, Miss Ladybird has been a bit M.I.A. lately, not to worry though, as she has simply been busy enjoying her recent engagement to her wonderful fiance (yay!). But as music is a constant inspiration to me I wanted to make sure it remained a part of this blog, so I thought I'd share a bit of my current life soundtrack with you...

After seeing Bon Iver perform a couple years ago at Sasquatch and being completely blown away, his music has seen me through the hardest of times and the purest of moments. There is a sadness yet peacefulness to it that lifts you up and soothes the soul.


The subtle artwork of Tom Burrows has such a soft and calming ambiance, it reminds me of the way the sunlight reflects on the ocean.


This is one of my current favorites from his most recent album. It is soul searching music at it's best, and on warm summer days, driving along the water with the windows down, there is just nothing better...Enjoy!

artwork via Tom Burrows, images via Spell and the Gypsy, Oracle Fox

2 comments:

  1. "Towers" is one of my favorite Bon Iver songs too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love bon iver! where is the top image of the girl walking on the beach from? im seriously in love with it!

    ReplyDelete