message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Art + Interiors: Northwest Style

Every once in a while, I get really proud to be a Northwesterner. And this past weekend, while checking out Flatstock 2011, an annual rock poster show at Bumbershoot I had one of those moments. Printmaking is in my artistic roots and seeing so many talented print artists in one place, along with their amazing music posters, I was blown away. If you ever get chance to see the show, I highly recommend it. And until then, I've picked just a few of my favorites, including this green Seattle-inspired one that is now hanging in my dining room...


And as our kitchen is next on the list of spaces to design, I've started thinking about how to capture that Northwest style. It is organic modern meets industrial chic, always with a quirky edge and sense of humor...

Light fixtures, bowl, antler, serverware and vases via Jayson Home and Garden, Matches via Velocity Art and Design, Chair via Modernica, Napkin and bottle stopper via Anthropologie

I've been seriously coveting the grass green Eames chair lately and was so heartbroken to find out they are currently not producing any more of the fiberglass versions. I'm on the lookout for a pair for our office so if you happen to spot them at a reasonable price, please let me know! Oh and Happy Tuesday everyone, Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. love everything with a graphic design touch!

    http://anmarkdesign.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love those vases - the green looks wonderfully fresh and bright.

    ReplyDelete