message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Monday, October 3, 2011

Love it / Live it: Noir

Hello and happy Monday! Hope you all have a rejuvenating weekend. I've been into black, for the wardrobe or for the interior for myself, it just seems a bit harsh against my fair and freckled skin and I don't love the heaviness it can bring to a room. But lately I've been reconsidering, especially with so many wonderful patterns and paired with neutrals, I'm loving the sexy and bold drama it can bring to a room...
The fashion design duo Sass & Bide is a pro at this, layering patterns in such a chic and edgy way. And for the home, I love West Elm's take on the tribal kilim rug. Oh yes, and if you haven't heard, I could not be more excited for the grand opening of Seattle's very own West Elm this week! As much as I love browsing the web, when buying for the home, seeing something in person is an absolute must for me and this rug isn't the only thing I'll be looking out for at their new South Lake Union location. Looking forward to stealing a break from the usual grind to do some retail therapy. So here's to a brand new week, everyone, Enjoy!

1 comment: