message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Monday, January 30, 2012

Art + Style // Painterly Fashion

Happy Monday! Fashion and art have always gone hand in hand, but I love the way the lines are blurring lately without all the painterly fabrics and color blocked motifs. I loved the way ELLE pulled it all together in their beautifully curated art themed issue this summer, and since it is so in line with what I do here on The Daylight I couldn't resist sharing...

images via ELLE

And of course I also couldn't resist putting together some pairings of my own. Inspired by Richard Diebenkorn's Ocean Park paintings (and my new coffee table book), I narrowed down some of my favorites from the series to go with some shoes I am currently coveting. And fortunately there is no shortage of bold, saturated footwear this season in my favorites hues...

Ocean Park #68, 1974 // ASOS AGGIE Suede boots
Ocean Park #38, 1971 // Chloe colorblock wedges
Ocean Park #30, 1970 // Dune Bono Snake Print platforms
Ocean Park #79, 1975 //  ASOS HEART leather sandals
Ocean Park #115, 1979 // ASOS POPPET Platform

On another note, I am off to Boston today to start my new job with Free People and I could not be more thrilled. I've been so excited, nervous and totally euphoric waiting for this day to come and I can't wait to get started! Most of my first day will be in the air traveling cross country, but I'll have a packed few days ahead of me with the East Coast's display artist and I'll report back [from Boston] soon, until then, Enjoy!!



1 comment:

  1. I love it fashion imitating art. Thanks for posting these! They are beautiful to look at.

    ReplyDelete