message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Friday, January 20, 2012

Love it / Live it: Presently Faceted

Happy Friday everyone!!! We tend to spend a lot of time worrying about and preparing for the future. So I try to constantly remind myself to focus on the now. To thoroughly be present in and enjoy each and every moment is to enjoy life. This installation piece by artist Doug Aitken says it perfectly, representing the multi-faceted and bright experience of a single moment...

'Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy'
 - Guillame Apollinaire


I've had an eye on this little faceted end table from West Elm for way too long now, I just need to find a spot for it. I love the way it's faceted surfaces catch the light differently creating a tonal effect. Hoping you find joy in every little moment of your weekend and you faceted excitement in the present...Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment