message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Friday, April 22, 2011

Art + Interiors: Earthy Chic

Happy Earth Day everyone! I try to live green daily but I love having a day where we all take a minute to consider how we can be a bit better to Mother Earth. I rounded up some of my favorite eco-friendly products this holiday season for a gift guide over on coco+kelley and am thrilled to be on the verge of re-launching 'Kelley Green' again to share the most chic eco-friendly finds on the market. 


Being a lover of nature and design, African textiles have always fascinated me with their graphic patterns and steady rhythms. In contrast to the perfect pattern repeats seen in contemporary textiles, the organic, handmade quality of the ceremonial bark cloth gives them an intrinsic beauty.
photos via textilearts.com
 
pendant via 1st dibs, chair via roomandboard, pillow via zara home, end table via jayson home and garden, pillows via wisteria, bowls, bench, vase and lantern via jayson home and garden,  end table via abchome
To be honest this space would feel like home to me instantly. There is such warmth in natural materials and the geometric patterns and modern silhouettes give it a fresh and contemporary edge. Have a fabulous weekend and make sure to show Mother Earth some serious love..Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love those barkcloth textiles! There's a store near me that sells them, and they're so gorgeous in person.

    ReplyDelete