message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Monday, November 29, 2010

Art + Interiors: Golden Femininity

Happy Monday! As many of you know, Gustav Klimt is one of my all time favorite artists. I've featured his works on here before but I just could not resist bringing his paintings back to translate them into a space. I love the heavy patterning in tonal golds and the juxtaposition between the flattened graphic surfaces and the voluptuous women they cloth. His women stare straight into the viewers eyes exuding a sense of female empowerment. I love that these women are strong and fearless while excessively adorned in gold and textiles, they symbolize women's unique ability to be gorgeous and tough!
Pillows, chairs and stool via Jayson Home and Garden, Screen via Armani Casa, Pendant via Wunderly, End table via Arteriors Home
A little bit Turkish, a little bit Moroccan and a few golden modern touches and this space is both luxurious and weathered at the same time. Perfect for a cozy sitting room around the fire on these cold winter days, Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment