message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Love it / Live it: Fringe Binge [Joan Salo]

Two things I can never get enough of whether it be in my wardrobe or on my wall, are color and texture. So when I discovered Joan Salo's work (thank you Color Collective!) I was mesmerized. And believe it or not, these seemingly tactile and three dimensional works are actually just ink on canvas, can you believe it?! Pretty incredible...
And because your outfit is always a an opportunity for a work of art, these fringe necklaces would make a bold statement. I love the dip-dyed ombre look and the way they would bring drama to a plain tee.
They have a piece for every mood, I'm having a hard time deciding which one is my favorite, what about you?
Check them out over on Etsy shop Three Horses and make sure to send a pic my way if you end up rocking one of these. I hope your week is off to a great start, we finally saw some sun today so I'm optimistic that Spring is finally coming to Seattle...Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. These are stunning - both the art and the necklaces! The drawing actually remind me of Missoni knits a little bit.

    ReplyDelete